Red Bull really revs it up.

Can anyone coach me on using a scanner with the computer? I have about a zillion medical receipts to copy before I send the originals to the insurance guy for refunds. The computer and the scanner have my prescribed meds to thank, for me keeping patience in the hours of attempting to work the technology, but I QUIT. At $80 a printer cartridge, I really didn't want to photo copy all the stuff but as of today, I'm scanner illiterate, and I concede.



Unrelated, last night my friend Joe called and asked me to ride into town in the morning with him. He planned to watch the Red Bull air races on the Detroit River. My beloved Val made alternative arrangements for my gimpy chores and I was free to bolt. Joe and Simon and I slipped into downtown Windsor and settled in to the riverside park sojourned for the race day events. Joe had prepared to avoid the race day admissions and vendors by attending the pre-race practice rounds and the plan was a complete success. We were rewarded with front shoreline seats (even though we stood) in the riverside park and the unhindered view of the speed crazed hi-horsepower air freaks that revved up motors and flew with reckless abandon to the point that raised the most inhibited goose bumps.

We watched the planes scream by, one after the other, and warm up by accelerating, banking, climbing and diving around the newly constructed race course until the pilots rammed the throttles to red lined RPMs and man-handled the flaps so the powerful race planes banked and rolled through the pylons.



The race bug inside me was soon shuttered and we wandered off back to the safety of the road. Whew, I'll be in touch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County