Please trim the hedges

I just got off the phone after chatting with my Mom and she signed off by saying, "Have a good Father's Day!!"

"Whens that?" I responded, with my mind reeling on this years unusually sneaky approach of my "Dad's special day".


"Tomorrow," she answered without hesitation. The first thing I did, after hanging up the phone, was check the calendar for the June Sunday expropriated for the Pop honour. I have two weeks to get Pop's card.



Speaking of special days, today was a spontaneously special day. Do you have those? Those days that start out with an inherently good sunrise and seem to present you with one unsolicited good fortune after another. I had two of those this week. One was last Thursday. The day John Moore-Gough (pictured left) decided he was going to pick me up and drive over to Kingsville and hop the ferry and treat me to a tour of Pelee Island. The Island is heralded as "Canada's Best Kept Secret". It is the southern most charted land in Canada and boasts a Carolinian climate to provide the best growing agri-genetics and birding bio-species on this Canadian soil.



I especially liked the winery and the museum-like motif of the winery pavilion and the broad selection of island made wine. The surprise that made the day special was, for me, the ferry. The ride was spectacular and the ferry on board services were idyllic for a wounded tourist like me. Even the lounge deck chairs seemed to be designed just for accommodating a recuperating biker and his 11 broken ribs. The sitting designed furniture takes on a whole new perspective when finding a seat that allows me, or healers like me, to breath uninhibited for more than 20 minutes is unusual. I was blessed to find such a seat for the entire ferry ride.....both ways.

Just when I was settling into one of those personally idyllic seats for the ship ride to home port, my cell phone rings and Kevin tells me I was a grandpa once more. Karina Rose was born June 04, at 11am and weighed 8 pounds even. Mom and baby are doing good. You just cant deny good Karma!!



Today was the second day rising to special status. It began by simply discovering the sun had peeked out to allow me and Val to have my morning coffee on the patio. I soon drew a few neighbours to stopping by, and eventually join me and my beloved Val at the table. Before long, we were all joining forces to spend the day planting and potting yard flowers and plants to landscape neighbouring gardens on such a sunny day.




Now, for what its worth, my wounds do not permit me to provide any physical donations to the flurry of growing chores but my suggestions and pitiful attempts to sneak a helping hand, now and then, were cheerful additives to the warming glow of a sunny day heralded for sweating planters. Let me say, the end results were magnificent. Weekend drivers were pausing to gander, later in the day, at the yards. Too bad I couldn't persuade anybody to trim my hedges. That would have been too special. LOL.



But to recompense for the work my beloved Val had to perform in my failed attempts, I am taking this opportunity to send a blogger call to CLP follower Barb and ask her when she will visit from Saskatchewan to give us a helping hand. Hey Barb, the spare room is ready for a visit. Don't be shy *tongue in cheek* and happy belated 50th birthday.


I'll be in touch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?