Rescued or captivated

Ahoy, matey. We finally got HMS "Paddle Princess" into the water yesterday. It was an exciting moment (so much so, I returned a brand new 2006 Softtail, early, to the Harley shop after my Hawg broke down on the expressway) to launch the canoe and check her "sea-legs". Anyhow, enough delusional imagery, the canoe works fine. Joe designed a mount for the electric motor and we spent the remainder of the afternoon tilling down the local rivers and streams, exchanging salutations with numerous fishermen and kayakers, and, slipping up on the different wetland inhabitants and startled the heck out of more than a few Herons and Egrets along the way. The next test will be to drop in the lake and do some fishing.

As mentioned earlier, the Hawg died. OUCH. Its like some indispensable body part has been removed. Nonetheless, I was rescued by the arrival of the truck and trailer from the Local Harley shop and, as we rode back to the dealership, I mused out loud that I was "on a mission when the mechanical demons befell me", and Rob, the driver sent, said that they had a demo I could use for a few days.

ZOUNDS, a new ride. Be still my heart. It was bitter-sweet. if you can imagine losing your soul, while new life approaches. My beloved Val had spent he second day on her knew job, when she called to say she was going to stay in town for beers with her cronies and I said, OKay. I had a brand new ride of pig-iron and I was going in the wind. It was short-lived however, the grey clouds rolled in and it was all I could do to jump on the solo-saddle and throttle the new pipes towards home before the rain came down. Val tip-toed in the next morning, looking haggard ( I will leave that tale for her to blog), wrestling with trying to steal into the house, or rustling up a ride. No worries, I was already revved up and heading out to try out these new Revo engines that had replaced my beleageured Evo engine in assembly years ago. By the time, I had readied the new bike, it was apparent the ride was gonna be solo, and not for me to question. The original trip plan to pick up a paper at the Colchester quick-mart, was quickly replaced by cruisin to get papered up in Harrow, followed by the Leamington run for some long forgotten pictures already developed, and, stopping at the soccer tourney in Kingsville, that my good friend, Simon was starring in.

Whew, with a few modifications (pipes and hard saddle-bags) this new sled could be a real sweet ride to have parked at the Iler Beach homestead. Someone commented on the kewl look, the wide white-walls and hordes of chrome, when I snapped back to reality. The easiest sale a dealer ever makes is when the demo rides' come to town and some poor bumble riding , jersey wearing motorcycle enthusiast rides the bike that has so much soulful sound that the exhaust thunder is reportedly patented and recorded and passed on to rolling thunder addicts by emailed wave attachments.....and I have all that, albeit shopped for the moment. The mist cleared and the trance I had been drifting for the last 12 hours disappeared. I can hardly wait for my bike to get back in the wind.

I think once the lake test is completed for the canoe, and, the bike mechanics has been remedied, I need a vacation. What do you think?

Comments

SweetPea said…
hey dad? well i checked out your blog site thats neat. i see you have pics of us in brandon,and baby tugin on your mushstash (lol)
well im sitting at your computer writeing this comment, you and dakota just went out side to check the waves and if there is any ships.val is wraping up the dishes and baby haley is having her beauty
sleep.

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County