Did you hear the news?


I got home from my first examination with my shoulder physician since my arrival to the ER after grounding my bike and the whole hood was in a black out. The sky was full of black thunderheads and lightening bolts, on the drive from Windsor to my lake shore home. Shortly after leaving the clinic, the neighbour called to say his kids were home alone in town and needed a visit. My beloved Val dropped me off at home and proceeded to Kingsville to check on them.



Several hours later I was sitting in darkness with candles and flashlights on standby. When it was evident the black out was going to last all night, we decided to rent a motel and spend the night. Val stopped and booked a room on her way back from Kingsville and we stuffed a bag with a change of clothes and tooth brushes and bolted from the darkness of our home.




We were welcomed to the motel room with the TV blaring the news of twisters in the county and the deaths of Farrah Fawcett and Micheal Jackson. The "Angel and the Pop King" was the initial thought that sprung into my mind. Now, I know that was not the image I garnered over the years of the two entertainers when they were alive. It is strange how the eternity of death changes the imagery of life. Nonetheless, condolences extend to the families when public relations trackers search out this blog.



Here I sit, blogging on the side of the motel bed while my beloved Val sleeps like a log. The motel bed is much more comfortable on my computer than it was on my ribs. The night was interrupted with hourly spells of sitting upright until my ribs quit throbbing from the unforgiving mattress. I quickly concluded my recovery was much more imagined, and taken for granted, in the luxury of my home and the comfortable furnishings I have purchased and adopted since my release from the hospital. Oh, by the way, my shoulder needs surgery.



I'll be in touch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County