Moonlight over............Cape Breton!!!!

Well, hows your week been?? I survived my first week of vacation without too much collateral damage. I put a few miles on the mountain bike and the scoot. Also did some ball striking with my good friend John, (and won, but who cares, LOL) all-the-while, the work stuff, although unavoidable as it tends to be, managed to stay on the back-burner. Nothing more harmful today than a wee hangover this morning, to speak of, from some celebratory beers, with my beloved Val, on the lakeshore, circa, post zen golf victory (but like I said, to JOHN*, who cares. LOL), which mysteriously concluded solo with a sunset witnessed on the Erie shore. Nonetheless, the h/o can be quickly remedied by a coffee and an early morning ride on the Hawg.

*I jokingly threatened John with a website posting on the results, in pennance of his delayed arrival for over an hour from our agreed tee-time, but the blog will suffice.*

The next week will be a larger test of character....my grand-daughter's first birthday on Wednesday (the same day as my brother, Doug, and I). HAPPY BIRTHDAY HALEY (pictured poking Granpas stache earlier this month).



HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOUGIE (I hope no one from Dougs w
ork sees this and showers him with birthday bloopers ON WEDNESDAY, eh Don?). August is some kinda month of the Leo for us DeBaets from Foch Avenue....with my younger brother Gary's anniversary HAPPY ANNIVERSARY GARY AND AUNTIE JOE, on the 8th, and, my son Kevin's birthday on the 5th, HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEVIN (gift cards for you and Haley were mailed on Friday).

This will be quickly followed by a moonlighting of sorts on my vacation, when I agreed to deliver a newly pur
chased automobile to Nova Scotia with my com-padre, Joe (pictured here with his most sociably amiable home-grown watch-dog in the "attack" mode, LOL). He called the other day to say his parish priest wants to bless the car and the drivers before we depart. OY-VAY.....I mean Holy Smokes. The sign of the cross will have to suffice, which it always did, for my folks when they witnessed me leaving on one sort of journey or another.

Anyhow, nuff blogging for now and the time has come to roll out the Hawg and clear the cob-webs. Have a good weekend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County