Bird of Prey

We drove in to Windsor Wednesday night to meet Gerry at the McDonald's outside the border crossing from Detroit. He had text messaged earlier to say he was in Ann Arbor and waiting out the rain, and, might spend the night. It seemed like a good idea to me. I drove the Detroit interstate many times and I didn't relish the thought of a rainy ride for a stranger to Detroit and the Ambassador Bridge crossing. Nevertheless, the phone rang an hour later and Gerry was through customs and hunkering down, waiting for us to guide him the remainder of the journey to our cottage home on Lake Erie.



I had promised Gerry's Mom an update on MSN when he called, so, I quickly banged out a note to Mrs. D. on the computer and we took off. I found him soaking wet and spooning on a strawberry sundae in MickeyDs. The weather never let up for the 40 minute ride home so we were all glad to get Gerry and his Hawg parked and changed into dry duds. We sat up and gabbed until the wee hours of the morning and slept like logs after we were talked out.



I hope the weather gives a better impression for his visit then it did for his journey. The sun came out today long enough for us to get some killer sundaes in Harrow after a Costco run to Windsor. Nascar on TV, Star Trek analogies and Chinese buffet in Essex also composed the day. If you are a Trekkie, the title of this post will have some meaning for you, after Gerry and Val dedicated the reference to Gerry's Hawg. It is lost on me.



I'll be in touch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County