Greenbacks at par, or Smackin that Google

YOUCH…slid on my shoes for mountain biking this morning and by the time I went to lift my leg over the bar, there was a sharp pain shooting through my foot. Darn wasp was going el quaida (that should trigger some google hits, eh?) on my toes. He had smuggled himself into my shoe and…well, the rest is rhetorical. Neat ride, pedalling while those customary tingles, following a sting, shudder up my leg. YOUCH.

Anyhow, all in all, it’s been a good week. Cam is still working, Kevin started work at a Union shop (CAW no less) and my beloved Val has been pounding the job market doors. I don’t know why, but a couple months ago I started having mood-altering anxiety attacks about nobody working after decades of abuses of excuses. It suddenly activated my own personal panic attacks that were forcing me to consider some form of sanity-saving isolation to survive the onslaughts. Anyhooooo…all seems redundant now.

Face booked with Jeffy (my brother Dougie’s son) and he wants to go to his folks cabin, but cant seem to get the time to go it alone. Besides “my folks wont let me go alone” he said. Can that be so? Those kids (my boyz and my nephews) are pushing 30ish. Jeff is soon to be in graduate school. My nieces are still way way far far from the 30ish thing (girls and the age thing OY Ya YOY…. nice save, or no??).

No word from baby Haley, but, her brother Dakota has a birthday coming up so I bought a card and will mail it this week with a small gift. Amanda has bugged out to the coast and Justin is going fishing for greenbacks on the Red River this morning. Good luck, old son. Speaking of which, have you seen the rise of our dollar???? Great for x-border shopping ("I am 100 miles from a US mall!!!! Whats the big deal??" said my Mom. Ha Ha) but our bad for Canadian jobs.....it amounts to a 35% increase in Canadian manufacturing costs from 2 years ago. Imagine your milk and bread going up 35% in a couple years, eh? Or cigarettes or Hydro (oooops, that did in Ontario).

I did manage to squeeze a bike ride or two since my last post. I stopped along the Thames River outside of Chatham for a picnic lunch I brought along. Still some good riding left before the season is done here. Time to attend to some rogue wasps. TTFN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County