Did you see that Harvest Moon

Hey there, where did the summer go......WOW. ScheeeeZam. Its gone. Holey Moley, never really gave it a second thought until deciding to do the blog. Labour day tomorrow and kids back to school on Tuesday (dont miss the school supply frenzy). I did have two weeks off, but I was working on a burn-out pace and the two weeks were consumed with fighting a horrendous cold. Cold-FX (Why does Don Cherry's face come to mind??) finally dissolved the last remnants of cough and wheez. Crummy vacation when health levels are to run-down to parrtayyy. Ohhh well, nuff bout dat.





It was a full season. Suzanne (Joe and Karens daughter) graduated and starts university this fall. Lisanne (office staff) had a baby girl last month (another Leo). I did manage some putting on the bike while coughing and choking and toured the county under the Harvest Moon and an eclipse. I spent a weekend in St John's (even though it was work).





The summer whirled by while my beloved Val cared for baby Haley in Winnipeg for almost 2 months (the house reflects Val's absence.....I don't do, in and behind things. OY. My bad). My nephew bought a Harley.......NOT. Justin, when are u gonna buy that Hawg, eh?? He did gratuitously lend me the cabin for a few days while in town for work. That was "righteous bro". Amanda spent the summer at home. She planned to go back to school, when I last talked to her. That is hard to do after getting a taste of gainful employment. Cam is mending his heart after breaking up with his girlfriend. Kevin has returned from Alberta and looking for work in Winnipeg. It appears he is now estranged and going through the hardships of joint custody, or trying to achieve custody.


I discovered face-book yesterday, actually, my beloved Val referred me to it. Actually, actually, Gerry D was the one who first exposed the "crack-book" (as some have called it) phenomena to me in July. I was just way toooo cyber-whacked to explore the computerized cyber-social networking f/b has to offer, after lugging the puter all summer from hotel to hotel to hotel for work. It would have been more practical to do that, with hi-speed a common luxury in hotels, as compared to dial-up, being my domicile accessory. I still haven't figured out the wall posts and the friend list....my sign up included the cursory friends list from the host email, but today I have no friends. The electronic highway is cruel and fraught with peril. LOL.


It is amazing.....I think facebook could generate an attraction in this sociological networking that may be pathologically driven enough to replace societys obsession with television. Wouldn't that be a marvel. If for nothing else, how would the elitist-class spin doctors maneuver the masses with its media-controlled clutches for the power grids belonging to the political MEGO-maniacs we have waging wars, class distinctions and destroying our Eco-planet. Ridding ourselves of that obscene self-centred domination would be salvation in itself. That would be true freedom or at least a semblence of our past freedom. Do you recall the heady days when governnments made monopolys against the law? Remember remember, when governments were afraid of its people, and not people afraid of governments.


Anyhow.....I tried to leave you a little video of the summer performance of Haley on the deck at the cabin while waiting for the squirrels to appear to feed on some stray peanuts. The video is symbolic and is priceless, in my opinion, in terms of its purity and innocence over something so simple as the expectations of a small child. Life through the eyes of a child, eh? Bless 'em all.

Lets plan (I had used "hope" but that seemed so helpless) that global leaders are enlightened before they destroy the enviroment that provides the life lessons for our grandchildren's grandchildren. Peace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County