Irish Luck

It was my good friend Fuzzy’s birthday earlier this month. I sent an email telegram for the surprise party but I was a little tardy sending, in my usual way, so I just want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAT FUZZY on the blog. Dave (hubby) sent some pics of the party and it looks like she had fun. Dave and Fuzzy used to invite everyone to their house in Winnipeg for Lobster deals and some of us stayed long after the markets were gone, for beers and Dave and Fuzzy’s hospitality in Winnipeg. We all moved eastward early in the new millennium, but I hear the lobster tradition lives on at Fuzzy’s old house.

I was reading a news article the other day about a cricket coach being strangled in his hotel. It appears his team from Pakistan lost their world cup match to Ireland. I never thought of Ireland being a world class force in cricket? I believe golf, rugby, but cricket. Can you imagine?? It’s going to be a long flight home for the squad from Pakistan. It’s a whacky world.

I also saw a documentary the other day about the construction of an oil pipeline built through Eastern Europe from Iraq in 2003. Several thousand kilometers of pipe welded together and buried 3 meters below ground. Can you imagine?? How would this be possible with the war in Iraq and all? The narrator went on to say that the completion of the pipeline in 2005 would see $1 million worth of oil pumped through the line every day. Back in those days oil was $40 a barrel. WhoooooWaaa at today’s prices…... it’s not hard to imagine how the search for Bin Laden in Afghanistan quickly turned to the search for the imaginary weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, It’s a whacky world, or so they would have us believe.

My son Kevin called the other day and announced that baby Haley and he were hopping on the train to visit us for a while. I called Grandpas house to ask when this was happening and Pa Pa John answered the phone. “They are still sleeping”, he said. “But that sure is a good baby.”

I don’t get to see her much and I may be biased, but I have to agree. Every picture they send has baby smiling like a little ball of happy. I look forward to meeting the train.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?