Pop goes... the holiday bubble.

Hope all is well. Had Mother as a guest for a week. Almost been a year since I saw her. I had a good week. Week typically started with the usual greetings of hugs and followed with her motherly observations from long periods apart. I put on weight and my nose had become “jewelry” large. Ooooooh geez!! (I had shaved off my lifelong mustache a month earlier but that had escaped her..LOL).

I had long ago blocked out her demeaning waves usually pointed at Pop or her daughter in-laws and would do so once more. I had planned a week of activities so I got things rolling. Church mass and BBQ with the LeBlancs on Saturday, drove 2 Indiana on Sunday for reunion with her family, drove home Tuesday stopping on POI, shared drinks with friends Ondejko on Wednesday and shopping Thursday and voila. I delivered on her airplane yesterday and lived to tell about it .

Called this morning and checked on her plane ride home and I got a speech on being "to old" to winter in Asia and should remain home on the couch. Fnl!! Pop goes the holiday bubble. Why do I bother?? Asia flight is booked....one way. 

Ill be in touch.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County