New England camping and stuff

Once again we loaded up the vehicles with tents, sleeping bags, firewood and ice laden coolers for the weekend drive up to New Hampshire brave the wilds of the New England cottage country. Chatting with friends back home and they hope for a week on eastern seaboard and I suggested a weekend down at Martha's Vineyard later this month. Three weeks plus since I drove to Boston and a weekend sans overtired disobedience is appealing about now. My sons rearing skills mirror his grandparental generation but it seems effective as long as the consistency is unbroken and that chain disconnects regularly in Papubs presence.

 My heart is heavy tonight as my cousin has a Kidney transplant this week. He has been diligently going through the medical tests for slmost a year that accompany an organ transplant along with his donor sister. It brought me to tears when he called the day before his admittance to the hospital and, with voice cracking full of emotion, told me his wife of over35 years of marriage, served him with a divorce notice the same week, as I understand, to relieve any possible burden of her marital assets spinning out of his medical condition and recovery. Now, my marital history is sketchy and i know there are two sides to every story but that is cold. As my cockney British friends say. "Some mothers do 'ave em!".  Be Boston strong I encouraged him.

 Ill be in touch. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County