"Just Another Day in Paradise" (How cliche!!)

Sawateeskhob from another day in sunny Thailand. Ma called and woke me up this morning to tell me it was -29C in Winnipeg. That sure cured my grumpy mood I had inherited from rinsing out my soggy,sweaty t-shirts from the night before..LOL.

I put Dennis on a bus to Bangkok last week to catch his flight home. Things were hauntingly quite for a few days until a recent acquaintance, Gerry from Lake Simcoe, (north of Toronto) flagged me down on the beach and, soon, I was invited to an ex-pats meeting to make come contacts for future visits. I made the first meeting today but ducked out of the general meeting, awaiting a return invite. "Don't wear out your welcome" has always been one of my mantras.

Things get better and better every day as I become more familiar with the demographics and the customs and the language. I found it funny to listen to a few of the ex-pats talk about medical services here and the difrferent expeiences they were encountering, when, I shared my inaugural visitation to a local dentist in Jomtien Beach and recounted the services I had contracted and the fees I paid. Before I could catch a new breath to finish my recount, the American from Houston (resided here for 12 yrs) asked where my dentist was located. I quickly realized that we all had something to contribute, even me, the new guy. LOL.Cheers.


I'll be in touch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County