Happy Christmas

This magic moment. So different and so newww. Was like any otherrrrr..


"This Magic Moment" is the title of a song written by lyricist Doc Pomus and pianist Mort Shuman. It is one of their best known hits. It was first recorded by Ben E. King with The Drifters and it reached number 16 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1960. It was rendered anew by Jay and the Americans in 1969 and ranked even higher, hitting number 6 in early 1969 and earning gold record status.

Well in this case..my magic moment is finishing my Xmas shopping. So like okay, its not like I have a big ole family surrounding me here in Windsor, or, tons of relatives living anywhere nearby, to shop for. Au contrare mon ami, Christmas cards, gift cards and stamps comprise the majority of my Xmas lists but, I am notoriously last minute, in all aspects of the Holiday Season hullabaloo.

I find it hopelessly commercial and bleakly spiritual concerning the heart of the Christmas celebration. I recall the hair standing on the back of my neck while listening to the church choir at midnight mass when I was a kid and, the warmth in my heart while watching my kids on Christmas morning. But then again, I suppose the holiday spirit is what my beloved Val and I make it. The magic in the "heart of the moment" has been somewhat elusive over the years, but nevertheless, I always seem to rise to the occasion when the time comes to open MY PRESENTS. LOL. Here is another song. by John Lennon, I think you will enjoy. Happy Christmas.




I'll be in touch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County