Dawg Tired

It's closing in on midnite and I just dont seem to be bed-ready. My beloved Val called it a night sometime ago but I was watching the Monday Night football game because I have a pool with my son in Boston, and, we are down to a tie-breaker on tonight's game, to decide the weekly winner.

My Sweet Pea and I threw our passports in the glovebox and a few gauchies in a bag and headed to the outpatients to get my shoulder stitches removed, early last week. We agreed to an impulsive trip and left a "journeys beginning" decided by the post-op outcome. The diagnosis was good so we made a run for the border. We took a ride to St Louis and had a great time.

I cant drive with my arm all slinged up so Val did all the driving and we stopped whenever she felt tired. Speaking of tired, did you hear about the plane that over shot Minneapolis. Northwest Flight 188 from San Diego to Minneapolis overflew the airport by more than 150 miles, out of radio contact with air traffic controllers for 80 minutes. Something sure as hell went very wrong 37,000 feet in the air with 147 unsuspecting passengers sitting in the back seats, and speculation is running rife about how two experienced and highly qualified pilots could possibly fly past their destination without either noticing. The chatter on just about every airline pilot forum is the same – suspicion falling on the most likely reason – the pilots simply… fell asleep. Luckily, no one died, except possibly two pilots’ careers.

Anyhow, keeping well rested, we stopped three nights along the way and finished the travel day home, with a coffee stop to visit my relatives in South Bend. South Bend is home of the "Fighting Irish" and my Uncle Frank is a Notre Dame fan. I love visiting them. I have done so several times over the years, some times planned and sometimes not, in my wanderings and road trips throughout the US. I remember one stay, in 2005 I believe, I broke down on my motorcycle outside Chicago and my cousin rescued me and I had the bike repaired in South Bend. I spent my birthday, and the birth of my first grandkid, and many many good evening discussions with them that visit, as well as a new gearbox for the bike.

Anyhow, it looks like the game is over and I lost the pool, so its bedtime cuz I am dawg tired now.

Ill be in touch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County