The slow boat through Customs



I rolled in to my driveway at 1:30am. On my departure from Boston, I had planned to stop for the night in a motel, but found myself homing in on Buffalo shortly after stopping for gas and a sub to satisfy my dinner grumblings. I was only an hour from the border so renting a room seemed unnecessary, when, I could make a serious run for home in 3 hours or so.


Well... the sluggish line at the Niagara Falls border kept me thinking of the colloquialism "slow boat to China" and added a few hours to that, and it weren't long before the sun was going down and, I still had the best part of 3 hours to go. The image of a barrel came to mind a few times. Nevertheless, like I said I got home at 1:30am.


It is good to be home. My beloved Val flew in 2 days later from Winnipeg and we spent the long weekend lounging around resting up from all the visiting and touring etc. I produced a few videos from the pictures I collected and promised copies of the videos to family and folk and threw them in the mail on Tuesday.
I'll be in touch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County