How big was that fish?

My dream kept visualizing my beloved val scratching the wall.
"Shhhhh.....stop it" I whispered in my dream. Now the scratching sound was a kicking sound and again I whispered "Shhhhhhh....stop it Val". Now the sound turned into a banging. Hey this ain't no dream! Someone is banging on my kitchen window!!

When I got up, I saw it was my neighbour. He was signalling me to go to the door. I stumbled from the kitchen to the back door and when I opened it he said, "Do you want to go fishing?"

What time is it?" I asked. It was 6am and he wanted somebody to join him fishing for walleye. "How long do I have?" I mumbled trying to mentally move from dreamland to waking up. I had 30 minutes to meet him at the boat. I fumbled for the coffee pot and shuffled for my clothes. I had a travel mug full of coffee in one hand and my license in the other hand, running to the boat in 30 minutes

We fished with down riggers for 5 hours. The weather was nice but the lake started to get a bit choppy and white caps were forming but they soon disappeared and the conditions were idyllic.

I wish I had those dreams more often. LOL
I'll be in touch.

Comments

Bryon said…
LOL, in the spirit of fishing tales, I can understand your suspicion but, my good friend, it is true. As far as catching fish, now you are opening the door of fishing folklore and tales, however in keeping with the integrity and honesty of CLP, we never caught anything worth eating. My ribs feel much better... thank you for your consideration and benevolence however, if the water's currents had continued to manifest the white caps I would have insisted on heading for shore.

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?