Biker wounds need Tiger balm and Time

Holy Moly...my blood pressure has run through the roof and its early morning. Just because today is the first follow up visit, with one of the three doctors attending on my wounds, at the out-patients clinic. Everything, blood wise, was normal with my medication until this morning, and I had an appointment at 9:30 with the chest physician. The nurse slaps on the arm sleeve first thing after I arrive, and my blood pressure is even higher now, than at sunrise. Krikee me thinks, I might have to stay in the dam hospital! Then comes the xrays that were developed the day earlier and the sound of "tsk tsk tsk" comes from the mouth of the stethoscope dawned head facing the monitor with my chest images.


"Hows the pain?" I am asked.


"Its all good as long as I stick to your prescription orders Doc", I reply. "When I get off track", I go on, "I feel like I have a little Hibachi heating up in my chest". He laughs and says to come back in three weeks so he can check the fluid level in my lungs.
WHEW. Grab the car Val and get me outta here.


Biker wounds are unerving on so many scales. My buddy Gerry just popped his upper hamstring kicking down his FLHT (Decker) last night and he is on the mend to. His healing window is a lot shorter than mine, however. He plans to run through the Prairies next week and needs both legs fully functional to pull that off with a new sled. Whip out the Tiger balm Gar.....its an old Chinese secret remedy Bikers always use...before seeing a doctor. LOL.


Tomorrow is the follow up with my personal physician. O darn...there goes the blood pressure agin.


I'll be in touch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County