Saturday Night and I got Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and shots

Hello from the banks of the Red River, metaphorically speaking cuz Pops would never allow his "hearts" programed computer to venture from the house in South Transcona.

I hope you had a good Easter. I did Easter dinner with my folks and brother Gary. It was special, but honestly, I missed my beloved Val something fierce. I found myself cruising out to Grand Beach while on a Timmie's run earlier in the day. Sitting out front of the old cabin brought back a flood of memories of time spent in summers long past... filled with sun-bathing on the white sands of Grand Beach, spitz (sunflower seeds), sunglasses, Sweet Pea beach reading veraciously, swimming, slurpees, sandwich beach picnics, sun-block, summer holidays with my sons, sunburn lotion, cocktails, BBQs and dawn rides to the city on the Hawg. The memories made me lonesome.



I had my first live match (well "pay per view" really) of Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) or more commonly known as the promotional UFC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Fighting_Championship ). My son Cameron invited me to his apartment to watch the match Saturday night. That was pretty awesome. There is nothing phony on the surface about that sport. We watched movies (one was Religulous, which will be the subject of a future post) until MMA was beginning and sat back when it was showtime. I don't really recommend it for pacifists but "wrestler wanna-bes" should do a viewing to see this, versus wrestling's sport entertainment. Aeeeee-chee-wawa.



While Cam and Marie-Rose and I watched the matches and did Chartreuse shots, my other son kept texting me pictures. Ergo Kevin's picture, because, well, that's all the pictures I got today. Well, gotta run, there is four deer on the front lawn and I want to have a look before my daily coffee run to Dougie's. Ill be in touch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County