"Good call" and thanks for the driving lessons

Just quickly touching base to bring you up to speed on that call that interrupted my last post. The insurance adjustor called to say that my car was not a write-off. “Give me the body shop of your choice and we will have the car sent today” she politely informed me. I was hoping not to have to go through the work of replacing the car, especially now that financing terms have taken a narrowing turn over the last year. No more 0% offers out there unless you are prepared to take something off the lot that wont sell any other way.

“How long before I will see the car?” I asked, fishing for the quantum of damage. The ETA of completion is 18 days, I was told. Now, I am thinking to myself concerned, that’s “fairly” significant. Well, long story short, my friend, Joe, experienced in auto wrecking sort of stuff, accompanied me to the body shop and after an hour of “look/see” and grilling the mechanic and the shop proprietor and the receptionist and the owner’s two daughters (not that parlaying the staff helped my summary conclusion, but, it appears we were tiptoeing on somewhat celebrity status after the car was photographed and articled in the local weekly newspaper, soooo what the hell, why not ham it up a bit?), I was comfortable that I would get my car back as pristine as I bought it.

“Lifetime guarantee” promised Frank the owner “and I do not advertise because my work brings ‘em back”. Hum, good work methinks, but Frank by sounds of him, isn’t a bad snake charmer neither, eh!

Just let me throw out thank you and tons of cheers to all the CLP frequenters that called or emailed best wishes along with all the offers of refreshing my driving skills in Manitoba to make the roads of Southern Ontario safer. LOL.


To Barb in Saskatchewan, I feel a kindred spirit after talking with you about your rollover experience, albeit my vehicle was dwarfed by your truck and my walk away was much easier than yours. To my Dad in South Transcona, and, Denny and Bubba at Deacons Corner, “good call, you all know me too well”, and to Tim next door, thanks for the helping hand while wheel less in ILER Beach and to CLP visitors a la Winnipeg , the Caribbean, BC and Ontario, et al, thanks for your concern, your well wishes and the good humour that was included in all the emails and facebook comments . Until we chat again, Peace out.

Comments

I'm still available, if you need an advanced Winter Driving course.

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?