In another life

Just a quick post while languishing in a hotel room in Moncton. Its my last official week before I retire. I spend a few days next week handing over the office to my successor and teeing off with John and some employer colleagues (adversaries this week...LOL) who are treating me to 18 holes as a send off.


The Windsor members (my adopted Union Lodge since leaving Winnipeg) had my beloved Val and I to the Union meeting last week and presented me with a plaque. Nothing really sunk in though, until, in the middle of an Executive conference call on Monday, when, the Chairman of the Board thanked me for the all my years of serving the membership. Flashbacks suddenly streamed by my mind's eye starting with the first time I was asked to steward a shift to administer the overtime work and do the calling.......over 25 years ago. I guess, after the call, I was noticeably time-travelling, because Val jarred me when she announced "has it finally sunk in?" It sure has. That is a lifetime ago.

Comments

Happy Retirement Brother... I'm hoping to join you in '09.
Guitar Hero showed up today, and I too thought back to when we were just snott nosed apprentices. We had many good times and we must continue these good times through our "Golden" years. Well, the good times have mellowed out a bit but we can re-live some of our past times for a lifetime of LAUGHS!

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County