Clear the track, Here comes Shack

Yawwwwwwn, Ohhhh I slept like a log. We just got back Saturday from almost 2 weeks of travel. I spent Father’s Day snoring on the couch. My beloved Val bought me a movie and some wine (was she hinting something???) for me to relax through the day, and, I fell asleep. A wee bit toooo relaxed, eh? My bad.

Its ok though….we never sat still the whole 2 weeks (at my age, OY) and drove over a thousand kilometres (my Dads poor car) seeing the grandkids and attending my nieces wedding and catching up with Dennis and Bubba, grabbing some jerky at OG’s, brekky at the Salisbury House, meeting Val’s birth parent and spouse, meeting my sons girlfriend who flew in from Boston, as well as the usual/unusual family customs (and role in some work meetings to boot).

The wedding was a grand event. It was outdoors and the weather cooperated (although wedding eve was looking calamitous) and everyone was dressed to the nines and all the kinfolk was well mannered and cleaned up nice. LOL

It was off to Toronto from there, and we caught a charity dinner and silent auction, for Toronto’s homeless kids (raised $2.9M), honouring CAW President, Buzz Hargrove. I bid on some sports memorabilia that attracted my attention and centred in on a Maple Leaf collage. I lost out to a bidder for the collage of the 1964 Maple Leafs with the Stanley Cup autographed by Eddie Shack, George Armstrong, Bobby Baun, Johnnie Bauer, Red Kelly and Allan Stanley (for those of us who remember those names)….I would have kept bidding if Dave Keon’s autograph was included, but alas, it was not to be.

The M/L karma was ubiquitous though, when, after the work was done, my beloved Val coaxed me to visit the NHL Hall of Fame. I have been junketing to Toronto for over 10 years and never entered the hallowed shrine before. Guess what I saw?? I saw a wall photo of the 1964 Leafs, with the Cup, together with Dave Keon. The cherry on a cake of a day was snapping a picture of a Winnipeg Jets jersey (sigh) that Val hunted down before we left.

Oh well, back to the grind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County