Smokin' steaks


Hope this finds all is well with you. So this is 2008, eh. Kewl. Spent New Years at our friend John's place in Dresden Ontario. Hauled over a couple steaks and spuds and wine and cooked up some good ole meat and potatoes for New Years. John cooks his steaks in a red hot cast iron pan. Smokes up the house right good. Cooks up right good too.

Announced to my Executive Board that I would not be seeking another 3-year term for the Union, last week. That pretty much leads me to retirement when the national elections are complete. I am so ready for that. That is about as much as I want to talk work on my blog.

Joes Ma is in the hospital in Sydney, Cape Breton. I wish I could accompany him to visit his Ma and kin but work is a hard taskmaster…did I raise work again. Sux to be me.

Val is still working at the local grocery in Kingsville and likes it. I drove by the other day and parked outside to watch her for a spell, and, she was gabbin and chattin with all the customers at the checkout, and, had a smile from ear to ear. Does my heart good to see her happy. Lord knows she must have been a handful when she was a child. Ma Palmer is a saint. My folks said they would drop by for coffee whenever Val got to working so, Pops, load up the luggage and ill getcha at the airport. Ha Ha.

Kids are all doing well. Cam is still working, Kevin reconciled with his girlfriend so he is back with the kids, which is where he seems most at ease in his skin. Amanda is in Mexico, Jeffy (my nephew) moved out of my brothers and Vanessa was doing good last time I called her and Krystle (my niece) is getting married this June and Rachey wanted me to hunt down some fashionista coat from Guess in Windsor, but I never got to town in time. Anyhow dats nuff for now. Later yall.
.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County