Running out the slack

Now thats it, for January........and bout time. Record cold temperatures resounded around the country. The extreme cold brought to mind a tune, this morning, I used to play when the kids were small and I was getting them off to school on a cold winter's day back home called "Sabu sent to the Twin Cities" by John Prine that goes something like "...where the man sent the child actor into the land of the wind chill factor." Whew...even saw some block heaters plugged in, on the odd parking lot. in the county on the drive into town. The young ins here don't even know what a block heater is. The mercury got so low, the railways suspended service in the west. That is unheard of in the Canadian rail industry.

Anyhow....its been a quiet month travel-wise. I spent more time in the dentists chair than an airplane seat, which is not enviable either. Seems to be a good time to get all my ducks in a row for the retirement thing I am planning later this yrear. Not everything worked out as I had liked. I had planned to spend the last few months getting all the toys I was planning for retirement play, but, I covered a legal bill for one son, and, it turned into a lollapaloozer. No complaints about the lawyer's counsel and subsequent verdict, but the close out bill pretty much kiboshed any plans for overhauling the Harley and getting a sea-kayak for paddling the lake this summer. Gonna have to keep the playtime to a minimum for the first segment of retirement. I was starting a bucket list and two items were; to ride the Hawg around Lake Erie, and, paddle a kayak across it. Oh well, maybe a bungee jump instead. Ohh no, been there done that. Nanaimo, BC in 1990 at the Bungee Zone. It was a 160 foot jump off a bridge, with me scared of heights. Still have the shot of me "running out the slack" on my fridge. What a rush. Anyway, nuff reminiscing of the past. lets see what February has in store. Happy trails and be well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County