Forgive me my trespasses

“And there it was, gone!” was a line we used back in the day, when we had to do rush jobs in the shops. That seems to apply to Xmas 2007. It was a good one though, in spite of not being with family.

Lots of Xmas cheer, great turkey dinner (why do people insist on canned cranberries, when the real thing makes the turkey and dressing scream out with festive flavour and blessed tasty delight?) and made my annual Xmas call to my aunt in California. I really must call her more often. Have you ever had an aunt that would smother you in hugs and kisses when you were a kid? That’s my Auntie Mary. Man o man, my brother and me had to spend hours washing off the lipstick smudges when Auntie Mary came to visit. She was going for chemotherapy when I called, but she sounded great. There was always a family debate between my mother and aunt Mary about the Winnipeg winters and the California earthquakes. The day I phoned, she said it was 30 F in Camarillo and it was 35 F in Windsor. Need I say more?

The office was closed for the holidays. Val put a parcel full of gifts in the mail for the grand kids (I know, I know, I said gifts strictly for Moms and Dads last blog…but it’s the grandkids, eh?) earlier in the week, and I spent the week travelling between the couch and the dentist’s chair. That’s the consequence of dodging the semi-annual visits for the last four years. My Bad. Nevertheless, Santa was good to me this year and I hope he was to you.

Now, its usually about this time that a recap of the year should be followed by a hearty HAPPY NEW YEAR, but bollocks on that. The year is done and we are off to another of life’s journeys that seize us for the calendar through another rotation around the sun. I don’t feel like reminiscing on trespasses, but in forecasting good cheer. In that regard I wish you all the best, in health, happiness, prosperity, adventure, love and peace in the New Year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County