Welcome to the weekend

Hi there, how was your week? Have you been watching the weather reports across the country? It’s pretty unstable, eh? I was watching the news and the broadcaster announced that the G8 meetings in Europe was going to focus on the host countries (Germany) agenda to reduce greenhouse gases. “Good” I thought, “it’s about time”.

The next news report announced that the goal was to reduce the greenhouse gases by 2050 to 50%. “Did I hear that right”, I mumbled, “that will make me, hum…..97 years old (or, better yet, try how old will the kids or grandkids be)….OY”. The next report announced that the US was blocking the hosts over anxious goal. “Get real”, is what came to my mind. The thoughts that followed are, well, lets just say disgust will sum it up.

Anyhow, my week was akin to those stereo-typical country songs. On Monday, I went to get my bike from the shop and the bike wont start. I have to reroup and return tomorrow. Tuesday morning, my beloved Val left a message that she was gonna be gone for a couple hours to “get the muffler fixed on the car” and then the muffler repair included the catalytic converter and so on, until, the last report was that there were pipes laying all over the road. So, with no ride to get to work or get the bike, my admin officer dropped off some chores. Wednesday brought me a bright side with the bike now running in top shape (more to follow on that). Thursday, was memorable, when, the landlord from the office dropped by in his brand new Mercedes Benz sedan. “Wow” I said, “nice car, I never drove a Benz before”.

“You wanna take it for a spin”, he said. I was gone in a flash, eh! Sa-Weeet ride. I was so nervous driving this piece of luxury, I forgot I was meeting the landlord at the restaurant he frequents and got lost. I just hit the old GPS button on the dash….er, I mean control panel, and SHAZAMMM, back on track. Thank you verrrrry much. Another one of my goals on the list of “things to try in my lifetime” fulfilled. That bubble was popped when the bike wouldn’t start in the parking lot on the way home, after work. With the help of some good Samaritans, I made it home and started wrenching. Did I mention I just got it out of the shop???

Friday morning found me still wrenching (my apologies for my earlier implication towards the shop, as the problems were unrelated) and in dire need of a battery charger. Noonish before everything fell into place and howl into town to work. Let me tell you, this weekend was a welcome sight. Its sunny and blue sky, time to go for a ride. Later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?