Sittin in an airplane station waitiin for my destination


Sitting waiting for a plane, again......its the first posting from the road. Been away for almost 2 weeks and unexpectedly, I found travel schedule had me going home today instead of later in the week. Its been a long trip this round (by days end I will have rode 4 trains and 4 planes this trip). I been hard-pressed to keep my mind from wondering from the tasks-at-hand.

I found myself daydreaming about travel songs and the next thing I know I whipped off this poem. Dont read anything into it, it was just a mind google filling in some wasted moments while I waited in the Montreal airport for my flight to Fredericton. It goes something like this:

Poet Tree

I called home the other day

Just to gab and hear her say

How the home fires flickered while Im away

And tell about the church I visited and stopped to pray


Wasn’t much else going on

I had been on the road all too long

The thoughts of home and family was getting strong

Living in hotels and restaurants got to feeling wrong


Don’t mistake me feeling homesick

I am soon to travel all too quick

Been around the globe and never regretted it

But always miss my Kin a whole large bit


My sons grew up without me there

My parents got my postcards from everywhere

My adventures were for me alone and rarely did I share

Nevertheless, Sweet Peas heart always makes me care

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County