This land is made for you and me

Ahoy there, just sneaking an early morning post while at my buddy Gerry's in Coquitlam. I arrived yesterday and over-powered the jet-lag with some imbibing with my beloved Val and "the Gar" over at Val's sisters home, last night, in White Rock.




Cape Breton was a blast ("Da Best" as the Cape Bretoners say). Joe and I spent a couple nights at his Ma's in New Waterford and 3 nights on his cousins 45 foot fishing boat (the "Craig and Jenna") in Cheticamp. The island is one of the best kept secrets, over here, in the West. Not enough people know how much beauty that coast holds. The Cape Breton Highlands and the Cabot Trail are awesome and spectacular. I am not even going to tease you with the moose sighting that Joe's cousin led us too, but the animal was, without any doubt, the biggest, most majestic speciman I have ever seen. His rack was phenominal. We counted fourteen points and Joe crept right close to him to snap some pics. We feasted on some snow crab that one of the fishing crews gave us and cooked up local produce in the galley. The flight home came all to soon, followed by an early reverie to catch the plane to Vancouver.

John (Val's brother-in-law) promised a cruise in his sailboat on Sunday, so by weeks-end, I will have been sea-legged on an Atlantic fishing boat and a Pacific sail boat. Anyhow, time to run, the Gar has readied us for the days adventures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County