Smores on the campfire and hot wine treats

Evening all,

Its late Sunday night and I am on the road to Montreal in the morning. The week, a la post vacation, went by in a blur. I flew in and arrived home about 1 am last Sunday, and, Monday was a bear of a day in the office. It was a post vacation week second to none. I recall back in the day, when work-mates would spend a winter holiday in some exotic sandy island beach, somewhere warm, and return to the frosty temperatures of the Red River valley and pine for the warmth they had enjoyed while on vacation. Nuff work-stuff (a pledge I made to distance work when deciding to subscribe to blogging) cept to say my friend and colleague, Barb, was a pillar through the week.

I spent the time off on both coasts. I was treated to Acadian cuisine in Cape Breton and had one of the best plates of fish and chips ever experienced (and I had the newsprint wrapped version in merry old England some years back) in White Rock. Encountered a virtual endless line of motorcyclists on the Cabot Trail and the hand built custom versions of the West Coast shops in Coquitlam.

My beloved Val and I closed out the vacation weekend with a camping expedition organized by her sister and brother-in-law, Darlene and John (pictured middle), and their neighbours, Wayne and Dini, (pictured right) who happened to both be from my high school alma-mater. The campground was located in the coastal mountains a few miles inland in the Golden Ears Provincial Park at Alouette Lake. The beach was a sight to behold with the lake held captive by the surrounding mountains and the campfire at night was the absolute cherry on the cake of a day with good conversation, good music, good campfire treats (Darlene makes campfire Smores and hot wine that is way-killer) and good friends.

Well time to finish packing for the travel day tomorrow and call it a night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?