"Today is the day"...as they say!


I have been struggling for a meaningful publication this month or miss my first monthly post in 10 years. "Today is the day"...as the line goes in the movie The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel.

I got all my to do tasks completed over the last few weeks. Condo renos and deco completed and Visas, permits and licenses have all been renewed. I also attended my first committee meeting since retiring from the union almost 10 years ago. Roberts Rules of Order yay. It was the condo committee that is embroiled in a conflict with the past committee members and the present. It was comical watching an inexperience committee struggling to keep order in a meeting full of multilingual condo owners and bitter past members promoting chaos. I was hard pressed to remain silent while the walls of order slowly crumbled around a committee chairperson without a gavel.

There was lots of finger pointing and blaming by old members and new that fueled the flames of conflict, besides the obvious jealousies over past elections lost. The past president is a German fellow who, his name I only caught as Pieter(?), kept bouncing from issue to issue and provoking differences until I asked him why he didn't shut up (did I mention there was no chairmans gavel) and let the agenda unfold. I called him on his unhelpful behaviour and he ordered me to keep my comments to my Thai wife. He continued to accuse others of humiliating Thais owners after he had insulted the Thai office manager.  That sparked my collar and I announced loudly I had watched and concluded he was the biggest two faced farange in the meeting. I was cheered by the Brexiter contingent (modern day Limey). *Struck a chord*. I had a couple more paree and thrusts with the kraut but worried mostly my Ning's Kreng Jai would be harder on me than any new found enemies. The meeting minutes will determine how the meeting ended as our presence was required elsewhere.

Thai gym membership is done and golf clubs are stored. Homeward bound this weekend. That is bittersweet. I will miss my Ning and the different condo but I will be glad to ditch the rainy season heat and see family, friends and Canada. Talk to you next month. Cheers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County