I feel ageless.


I am, by any reasonable measurement, old. And yet, more often than not, I feel ageless. Not young, mind you. Ageless. Without age. Nevertheless, the two things create a sort of cognitive dissonance--when the fact of something doesn't sync up with the experience of it. Of course, it's possible that what I'm feeling is the fact. Ageless is some kind of basic spiritual truth, and being old is simply an experience that we choose to have. We could, for instants, pee often and slowly; make odd, involuntary grunting noises while getting out of the chair; have difficulty seeing, hearing, eating, sleeping, walking, copulating, remembering, bending our fingers and breathing, while remaining a field of awareness that exists outside the illusion of time. We also could complain all day and take lots of naps. As I said, it's a choice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County