Happy Retirement Gary

Just over a week here in Winnipeg...had a great time at my brothers retirement party.  My baby brother is retired. How old am I (rhetorical)...Met my cousin and an old Union colleague for drinks a few days later. Good times.

I had to order a new computer this week and the delivery runs me dangerously close to missing my Asia flight so I jettisoned my usual train trip to Vancouver for a connecting flight on Halloween. Trick or treating in Beijing this year and, perhaps, I can pull off New Years in Nepal.




I called my son and resurrected a long-lost friendship with him.. Its been over a year since we saw each other. My global wandering seems to be an impediment for us but we have struggled with my reluctance to move home. He reminded me of a reading. To cultivate equanimity we must practice catching ourselves when we feel attraction or aversion, before it hardens into grasping or negativity. "It is what it is" seems to be a mantra my son has adopted. I did lattes with him and his lady last night and I was so glad to get to see them. A Father and his sons should never stray be beyond equanimity but as my son says "it is what it is".

Ill be in touch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County