Why wade in the water when it was waist high

I am just touching base to bring the CLP up to date. May has been quiet and uneventful. I gym it up 3 times a week and have not been enthusiastic about the bike trails. My Ning has been skyping regularly but I have to run out to WiFi the Skype to keep my data down on my mobile. Trying to scrimp on expenses this summer. I have been unable to find economical internet here in cottage country so far. Bell assures me they have fiber-optics installation planned but nothing to date and I’m sure everything will be accompanied with contracts. I don’t plan to maintain the cottage this winter so I’m already plotting to abandon my satellite contract.

Shitty times in Thailand. The military has staged a coup to scuttle the political protests. The elite class has sabotaged the democracy model in Thailand at every turn and it appears they have successfully influenced the military generals to join their cause and suspend democracy until reforms are adopted. The only reforms predictable are antidemocratic. What other reforms can be expected when the existing model is based on the principle of one citizen one vote? Its a rhetorical question. In the interest of fact, I have a condo booked for 6 months in Chon Buri, 2 hours south of Bangkok.

History shows this is the 12th  coup episode since 1932 of military coups. One first hand account last week transcribed a political leader suggesting the generals involvement equated to wading in the tumultuous water when it was already waist high and recommended the generals advance to higher ground before they were overcome with civil and religious condemnations and let democracy prevail. The generals arrested everybody at the meeting. LOL.

I expect all the proponents of democracy will sanction these actions and it all settles down quickly. Investment world dollars will quickly flood to Burma, Cambodia and Laos but that's “up to them”. In the interest of facts, the SEA monarchy is the richest ruling dynasty on the planet (source: Wikipedia) second only to President Putin.  By comparison, The Queen of England is #12 on that list behind the sheikhs and sultans. But that is another story.

Ill be in touch.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County