Last Monday...

Counting down my last week in my winter home. It never felt like having a winter home until this trip. Life is so easy here and I find its sad that com-padres back home never get the experience but... its not for everyone. I don't consider riding a couch at home any different than couching it abroad. What a waste of airfare. LOLL. You do not sit languishing here. This is not for the faint of heart. Three years here brings me so much closer to the culture but no where nearer understanding the traditions. I spent many many hours talking with my roommate and exploring her thoughts and her values and I cherish every moment but I have so much to learn. Some days the differences are unfathomable but for the few gains of understanding I have garnered. I am grateful...when others here condemn religion and culture and traditions but are still failing to manage the spicey salads..

Kind heart Thais are tempered with feisty passionate politics, dominant monarchies, soulful religion and over bearing exploitative tourists. Temple interests and customs are ridiculed by many foreigners but should be  respected and  the values recognized like anyone would expect in their inherent country. I disregard those that sit in their bubble of comfort while in a country of intrigue and mystery that abound. They deny themselves the chance of some slight enlightenment but thats up to them. I sat with an acquaintance recently and we critiqued the characters that have crossed paths over the winters and we conclude time and time again that we see souls who have found Asian contentment but will not "taste the spice". My father had a reply to anyone who hesitated with a single syllable. "Hurdles" he would say. He beckoned me to watch and see how many people threw up self imposed hurdles to avoid life's opportunity. I see many more hurdles lofted in this aging circle of friends, The world is a buffet and I love food. Bon appetit.

I will cherish my first Timmies this weekend, Ill be in touch..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County