I live by the ducks on the roof.


The circle has been completed. I left Essex County last November and returned a week ago and moved into my new place this weekend. I found a little cottage in Amherstburg and, after looking over a few properties, decided on this place located "by the Ducks on the Roof" as the directions were passed on to me. Ducks on the Roof is a well known restaurant on the outskirts of Amherstburg. Amherstburg is a town near the mouth of the Detroit River in Essex County, Ontario. It is approximately 25 kilometres (16 mi) south of the U.S. city of Detroit, Michigan.

"I  believe we did see Amherstburg, we (Mom and Dad) parked near where a ferry or a boat went across to USA? It seemed hilly somewhat. (It is) sort of an artsy place,yes?", emailed my Mother when I sent her my new address.


Marblehead

December held my train trip from Winnipeg to Vancouver to hop on China Air for Bangkok. January and February were peppered with beaches and hikes in eastern and northern Thailand, with layovers in Shanghai and March brought fish and chips in White Rock overlooking the Pacific Ocean with Gerry Desharnais and April showered lattes at the Forks in Winnipeg with my son, Cameron, followed by May with coffee and bagels in Marblehead overlooking the Atlantic Ocean at my son Kevin. Time to kick back and spend the summer at the gym to work off all those calories. LOL.

It is nice to be back and see the old friends and thanks to Joey for letting me board and, to Valerie for helping me to get the new place all spic and span clean,  and her beau Dave, for lending her. The last week has been jam packed with house-hunting, visiting, cocktails and catching up, so there weren't much energy left in these bones to clean and tidy. Whew!!!  Now...the furniture!!! 

I'll be in touch.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County