Give me a medium double double, please!

Hi from the West Coast of Canada. I caught the Bangkok bus on Friday night and caught my 2am flight to Shanghai. Once I cleared customs and got checked in for my flight to Vancouver, I was homeward bound. The first thing I did upon arrival was hit the Timmies in YVG. LOL.

 Temple of the Reclining Buddha

I had a fruitful February of exploring the mountains, villages and temples of Northern Thailand. Following a  quick visit to the tiger, monkey and flower farms we trekked through the mountains to visit the hill-tribes. The craft-work and the weavers were phenomenal in their artistry and detail.

Val and Gerry at the Thai Pai gate 
The journey to the mountain top temple on Doi Suthep and the Temple of the Reclining Buddha in Chiang Mai completed the following days journeys. The remaining time was spent wandering the walled old city and sampling some of the local coffee shops and food places that piqued my interests. The weather had been getting increasingly hotter and I decided to rent a motorbike the moment I stepped off the bus on the return from Chiang Mai
Prepping for the Ban Chang trip

The last few weeks went by as fast as the last few months. I joined a few ex-pats and made a day trip to Ban Chang and saw some of the countryside south of Pattaya.

Anyways....good to be home in Canada eh? I still have a ways to go to get my car in Winnipeg and visit Cammy and Marie-Rose before resettling in Essex County. I head for Boston in May to spend some quality time with the grandchildren...and the grown-ups too, of course. It has been a truly inspiring, invigorating and treasured memory loaded winter this year. Thanks to all my friends, old and new, family and kind strangers who made this all possible.

I'll be in touch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County