Polar Bears are not my bag

POLAR BEAR DIP......Hoooooooly Moly that was cold. I walked out on the stacked ice pack (don't ask me why!!) yesterday and fell through when I stepped on the lake ice, 50 feet from shore. Good thang its shallow out there. Now having to plod through the broken ice and halfway back to shore, I had to turn back to thrash around and fish out my boots....wasn't going to lose them to the lake. By the time I was back on shore, my sopping wet clothes were starting to get pretty froze. Val said I was turning an ever darker shade of purple while peeling off the wet clothes in the porch. I had to promise Val that there would be no more winter swimmin' or Polar Bear dippin' without supervision. Yo, did I just throw down a rhyme?? LOL.


The day was not a total loss. I took Kevy job hunting, after dropping Val at work, since his layoff (greenhouses are inherently seasonal) and we stopped at the (Un)Employment Insurance offices (actually they are now called Service Canada) and while Kevy chatted with an adjudicator, I tinkered with the job bank terminals and whipped up a resume. It looked so impressive (even if I do say so myself....National Local President in charge of a $2M annual budget...blah blah blah) it made me curious to send out a job search.
One troubling development on our visit however, when we asked for some photo copies of Kevy's resume (he had more than a dozen employers contacted to visit) from the EI civil servants (do they still answer to that?), they told us to go get copies elsewhere. Kevy wandered down the hall to the welfare office and those civil servants made some copies, all the while quipping what an absurdity it was to be denied help at the employment office to copy resumes for job hunting. Now, dont get me wrong, Service Canada was very helpful in most regards, but I am gonna keep that in the memory bank for the next time I go down to the job bank, or maybe a curt email to the Service Canada ministry. I'm just sayin'.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?