Welcome


Greetings to my blog......

I have been musing about a blogsite for sometime now, but never really committed to it until today. I was not really sure if I wanted to spend the time on the site when I already seem trialed by the website I have to post for the Local Union I preside upon. When did that become work, eh? The Labour movement and social justice are my passion, but some aspects are never more than a vocation.

I was wrestling with a name and I wanted something serene yet inspirational, virtuous yet exotic, unique yet common, and I had been leading towards something reflective of my recent relocation to the Lake Erie shores but here again, I was wrestling with my new found love of the Erie shoreline and my loyalty of my long lost white sands of Grand Beach (in Manitoba). It was at this point I called my beloved Val at home and in passing asked "What are you wearing?" and she answered, "Checkered lounge pants". Hence my blogsite was birthed.

I live with my beloved Valerie in Iler Beach, Ontario. We are smack dab in the middle of Harrow and Kingsville on the shoreline of Lake Erie. We moved there about six months ago from Windsor, Ontario and have loved every minute of it. The fireplace crackles on the kewl evenings and the BBQ hardly ever sits unused, even with the periodic snowfall obscuring the path from the porch to the grill. On choreless weekends, I pedal Vals mountain bike down the road to Colchester and grab a paper and a drink at the Esso gas station and pedal home. Its a stark view now, bare branches on the apple orchards, solemn vines in the vineyards and empty fields exposing the third sibling of the family of Great Lakes, where, soon, there will be fruitful orchards and rows and rows of tomatoes and corn and melons obscuring the view.

Well, thats a wee bit about me, for now. More will follow that will be, sometime fact, sometime fiction and more oft, than not, my thoughts and versions as I see it. Be well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?