How aw ya?

"Hi! Whats new?" was the voice over the phone.


"Whats new!" I responded. Uhmm what is new, raced through my mind. It just seemed like a long time that I was asked that wasn't rhetorical.


"Yup. Trains been so broken-down that I been working up in Sarnia because FAA has threatened to pull transport license in the US if the railway doesn't improve the condition of its fleet," said the voice. "I racked up 68 hours of overtime in 8 days," went on the voice.



Well there is a lot happening but it isn't so new. I went on to say that my break wall had washed away a few days ago when the southerly winds turned into gales and drove breakers up on shore for a day or so. I have been wrestling with my insurance to cough up a cheque they committed to pay for a conditioning trainer for 6 more months. A long lost buddy had called up to meet for coffee earlier this week. I am leaving for Winnipeg next week to visit my Dad who went into palliative care earlier this month. I mentioned I meet a retired colleague, we both know, every week for coffee in a little town down the lake about 50 kms. And I mentioned I am planning an Easter dinner this weekend and hoped he join me and a few friends to the feast.



I should have told him about the eye glass deal my cousin steered me to on the Internet. I neglected to mention that...I also neglected to mention my oldest son, Cam, got new age married to his Marie-Rose and I am proud of him. Marie-Rose is such a kind gracious great lady. My son Kevin starts a new job this week which is challenging with his family obligations et al. I saw my step-daughter, Amanda, getting married on facebook in Hawaii. I was invited on a cruise with another long lost friend. I also neglected to mention I miss my motorcycle. I am considering putting retirement on hold and seeking gainful employment to finance a few new toys as well. I digress, but that is what is new.



I'll be in touch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County