Dam That Squirrel!

War is waging out side my living room window.....I spent a few pesos on some bird feeders to get the little wing-ged ones some sustenance after a long winter, and, after watching a few little "early birds" snack on some seeds, the squirrels have declared war on my efforts. The big grey squirrel has overcome all my surreptitious and scurrilous positionings of the feeder. I might have to fling open the purse strings and get Val to shop for one of those expensive squirrel-proof feeders. b bOhhhhhh, Mother Nature can be such a harsh task master.


We stopped by Joes yesterday and squirreled away some auto supplies to do some work on the car ("Grey-one" as we like to refer to it). Joe and Simon had their mischievious way with Val and I, considering it was April fools. Simon told us one of the dogs in his Dads kennel died and when, we, were suitably shaken and moved, he and his Dad chortled "April fools". We were victimized....Which reminded me of the wee birdies again.

The weather has improved marketably and it wont be long before my friend Barb is out on the water in her sailboat navigating the channels and coastlines of the Erie waters.


Val has me heading off to a flea market today in Kingsville. We visited the market last year and the pickins were pretty slim, but they had some good baking goods. If you know me by now, you understand my affinity for food.


It sounds like my beloved has fulfilled her morning rituals and readied the ways and means for our bartering efforts at the market, so Hi-Ho Val, off we go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County