Sweet Summer

Hmmm, where did the summer go?? She just flew by eh? I will tag this my "healing summer" or my "crash summer" or just "summertimmmme and the living is easyyyyy" LOL.

My folks dropped in for a visit and, leave for home today. That, along with Da Gar visiting on his Hawg, and my run to Boston to see the new grand kid made for a sweet summer..hey, that's it! Why commemorate the summer to tumbling on my Hawg when I can commiserate a closure with a "Sweet Summer"? O yaaa!




Global climatic gaffes and political slip-ups aside, it was a gorgeous season in my region. The harvest is here and the crops are plentiful and the bounty abundant. I have been hitting the fruit stands like mad filling up my Dad on his beloved tomatoes, and, scoring big on the ingredients to inspire Mom to cook up a storm of homemade favourites like cabbage rolls and pies. My neighbour organized a tour of his families massive greenhouse operations and the folks were guided on a tour by the greenhouse patriarch himself. Tim surprised us with a visit to a tomato greenhouse grower and Pop was sent home with a loaded flat of big ripe red tomatoes and he has been in his glory all week. Did I mention he LOVES tomatoes? I got them into the car and drove traditional riverside "look over at Detroit and see the Joe Louis Arena and GM World Headquarters" drive and stopped at a car show in Tecumseh.

Well, my friends, its time to git all saddled up and drive to the airport. Have a earthy fall. It was a great summer.


I'll be in touch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ya better watch out, Ya better not pout....

Does health insurance satisfy Investors or Customers (patients)?

Killer food at Big Boys on I-75 in Monroe County